Home || Programs || Career Days
Activity: WorkReady In-school Youth Career Exposure Activity
Career exposure activities connect area businesses, organizations and individual volunteers to Philadelphia high school students with the purpose of providing first-hand exposure to the working world and an understanding of how school is connected to career success.
PYN supports three career exposure pathways:
- Guest Speaker Series: An opportunity for volunteers to share their career stories and experiences with students to inspire high school students to intentionally explore their own interests and set career-related goals
- Worksite Tours: An opportunity for area businesses and organizations to welcome high school students for a one-day career exploration experience. Worksite Tours may be aligned with a specific industry that corresponds with a School District of Philadelphia program of study or a general workplace experience.
- Career Days: An opportunity for volunteers to partner with schools to offer insight into the working world. Career Day activities include mock interviews, career fairs, speaker panels, and workshops.
- High school students interested in career exploration
- Recommended by coordinators in one of the participating schools listed below
- Abraham Lincoln High School
- Germantown High School
- John Bartram High School
- Frankford High School
- Overbrook High School
- Simon Gratz High School
- Thomas Edison High School
- Thomas FitzSimons High School
- University City High School
- West Philadelphia High School
PA Department of Labor and Industry